How To Turn Drawing Into Digital Art
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
There’s nothing like drawing a picture for some artists. However, you may need to know how to turn drawing into digital art for a variety of purposes. The process of sketching and ideation is an important part of every designer’s or illustrator’s workflow.
It’s critical to get your thoughts down on paper before transferring them to your computer, whether you’re creating a new typeface, a billboard, or a simple graphic.
It might be difficult to know where to start and what to draw. To begin, grab a sketchbook and carry it with you wherever you go. Sketch your immediate surroundings whenever you get the opportunity. It’s also a good idea to practice and learn by looking at other illustrators’ work.
Whether you’re looking to make money as an artist or simply want to share a shot on Instagram, digitizing your drawing may help you seem more competent and make your work stand out. Here are different techniques that can undoubtedly benefit you in your artistic attempts.
How to Turn Drawing Into Digital Art Illustrator?
One of the best approaches for drawing is to convert it to a vector. Digitizing is a breeze using Adobe Illustrator’s enormous range of tools, colors, and effects.
Furthermore, because of their limitless scalability, smooth curves, and reduced file sizes, vectors are a better choice for digitizing your artwork.
You can also read this article How to make Graphic Art on computer.
1st step: Into Illustrator, paste your scanned image
- After you’ve scanned your image and saved it to your computer, press Command + N to open Adobe Illustrator.
- And then create a new project.
- Shift + Command + P to import the scan.
- Then Place and click on an artboard to see your drawing appear in Illustrator.
- Double-click Layer 1 in the Layers panel and type a term like “Scan” to name the scanned drawing layer.
- Then, using the folded square icon, create a new layer.
- Do the same for the next layer, naming it “Vector” or something like that. This helps you distinguish between the two levels and track your outline development afterward.
- Toggle the lock symbol to lock all elements of that layer, or the eye icon to toggle the layer visibility on and off.
Step 2: Outline your drawing with the Pen Tool
- Start creating the contour of your sketch with the Pen Tool on the top layer (P).
- You may either change the Bezier curves as you progress through the design, or you can map out the line and then use the Anchor Point Tool (Shift + C) to adjust the curves.
- Hold down the Option key while manipulating the Bezier arms to adjust specific Bezier curves.
- Rinse and repeat until your sketch is completely covered.
- If some of your drawings involve geometric forms, use the Shapes Tool to swiftly map out sketches to speed up your process.
- It’s time to add some color to your design now that you’ve completed the outline.
Step 3: Add Color
Consider the sort of color scheme you want to use before allocating color to your forms. Do you need some color ideas? Check out these 101 color combinations in 25 free vintage palettes.
- Import each hue into your Swatches panel once you’ve decided on a color scheme to make color integration a snap.
- With the Selection Tool, choose a shape.
- Then, using your color swatches, incorporate them into your design.
- With X, adjust the Fill and Stroke colors as appropriate.
- Shift + X will change a stroke color to a fill color.
- Continue assigning colors until your design is complete.
- Experiment with blend modes or use gradients, textures, brushes, or grain into your illustration to take it to the next level.
How to Turn a Sketch Into Digital Art?
In four simple steps, you can turn your sketch into digital artwork. Do you want to know how to draw on a laptop then read an article on the best laptop for drawing
Step 1: Preparation
To add contrast to your pencil sketch, draw over it using a pen. As we progress through the remainder of the process, this saves time and eliminates headaches.
Step 2: Scanning
Now that you’ve traced your drawing in pen, it’s time to convert it to digital format using a scanner. It’s critical to carefully set up the scan. Setting the resolution to at least 600 dpi is the most crucial detail. Always remember that you may always scale down but never up.
Step 3: Shop it
Now the sketch is ready for some TLC from Photoshop, the king of photo editing. Although the design already has contrast, the black should be as dark as possible and the white should be as white as possible.
At this stage, you’ll play about with the adjustment layers to modify the contrast. I normally only use the basics: black and white, contrast, and exposure. That’s usually plenty, but each illustration is a one-of-a-kind snowflake, so play about until you find what you’re looking for.
Step 4: Isolation
Depending on what you’re attempting to accomplish with your design, isolating the blacks and making the backdrop translucent can be really beneficial.
To do so, go to Select > Color Range and select the black of your design using the eyedropper tool (just click in the black).
You now have an option of only the black line art!
This pick may be used to add a fill to your lines, making them even cleaner and darker. Now that you’ve isolated your black line design, you may do whatever you want with it!
I hope this information is useful to those of you who are trying to figure out how to turn your sketch into digital artwork.
How to Turn a Drawing Into Digital Art Photoshop?
How to convert hand-drawing to a digital image in Photoshop? The method of digitizing artwork in Photoshop looks to be comparable to that of Illustrator, it is not. Working with a raster-based application implies your illustration will have pixels and scaling limitations.
If you have a tablet, you may go over your sketch with brushes or fill in those edges using the Color Range selection instead of using Bezier curves to outline your artwork.
- In the initial stage, you must scan and upload your hand-drawn images to your computer.
- Bring the image into Photoshop after scanning it.
- Your work should be layered.
- Make a sketch of the drawing’s outline.
- All of the colors should be filled in.
- A Finishing Touch Is Necessary For Your Artwork…
- It’s time to save the document.
How to Turn Drawing into Digital Art App?
Adobe Capture is a software program that allows you to capture Adobe Capture is a smartphone/tablet software that connects to Adobe desktop products such as Illustrator and Photoshop.
- With Adobe Capture, you may use a smartphone or tablet to access desktop Adobe apps like Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Taking a photograph of a sketch is a good idea.
- Make the necessary adjustments.
- Make a vector digital artwork out of it.
How to Digitize a Drawing on Android Phone?
On Android, here’s how to digitize a sketch.
- Draw mode lets you draw figures on your Android or iPhone, but it’s especially useful on Android tablets with pen capability.
- You can enable pop-up windows to open after they have been stopped when Safari is set to block and notify.
- Photoscan is a brilliant tool that effectively reduces glare and digitizes images quickly.
- To make animations, Roughanimator is utilized.
- Drawing effects, image correction, painting effects, and photographic filters are all included in Enlight Photofox.
- Dotpict is a free drawing software for Android, iPhone, and iPad.
You can keep the hand-drawn quality of your artwork forever by learning how to turn drawing into digital art. Photoshop and Illustrator are powerful tools, and there are many ways to achieve the same effect. This is just the most practical and straightforward solution I’ve come up with.
There are also programs, such as Adobe Capture, that can transform your doodle into a vector by simply photographing it with your phone.
I was pretty pleased to discover this great site. I need to to thank you for your time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely appreciated every part of it and I have you book marked to see new stuff on your blog.