We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Is your Vizio TV broken? Are you looking for how to reboot Vizio smart TV or how to update its software? If yes, then read this guide carefully before proceeding.
Vizio TVs are known for their high-quality displays and sleek design. They also come with useful features such as voice recognition and facial detection. But sometimes these features don’t perform as expected.
The good thing is that Vizio has an excellent support center where they can resolve issues related to your device.
This article explains how you can troubleshoot common problems associated with Vizio TVs. For example, how to reset a Vizio smart TV, how to reboot a Smart TV, how you can remove apps from a Smart TV, etc…
How to Reboot your Vizio smart TV?
Vizio Smart TVs are notorious for having issues that require rebooting. You may have never had any problems with them before or maybe they just started doing this.
If they do reboot Vizio Smart TV repeatedly, here are some things you can try to make sure they don’t happen again:
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the TV
- Power down the TV via remote control or press the Power button on top of a TV
- Try restarting the phone line
- Check if the Wi-Fi signal is getting out
- Restart the router (if using)
- Restart modem/router
- Reset network settings
- Reinstall apps
- Change the Wi-Fi channel
- Clear cache and cookies
Contact customer support if none of these are working.
Read another interesting article on:
How Do I Reset My Vizio TV When The Screen Is Black?
Resetting your Vizio TV means getting back to where everything was before you started messing around with the settings. Sometimes when setting up your Vizio TV for the first time, you may have accidentally changed some settings that make your TV go blank. Here’s how to fix it.
- Turn off the power to the TV by unplugging the power cord from the wall outlet.
- If you don’t know how to turn off the power, call your local cable provider and ask them how to turn off your service.
- Press and hold down the power button (usually located at the bottom left corner) until the power indicator lights red.
- Once the power indicator turns red, press and release the power button again to confirm that the television is now turned off.
- Remove any cables connected to the back of the TV.
- You should remove the HDMI cables, AC cords, USB cords, etc.
- You need to leave no wires connected to the back of your TV.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- You only need to plug the power cord back into one of the two outlets, not both.
- Make sure that you plug the cable into the correct outlet.
- When you’re finished plugging in the power cord, wait 30 seconds, then try powering on your TV again.
If your TV still isn’t working after following these steps, follow the troubleshooting guide below.
Troubleshooting Guide To Reset Vizio Smart Tv
- Try re-installing your Vizio TV software to see if that fixes the issue.
- Check your Vizio TV’s warranty status. If your warranty hasn’t expired, contact Vizio customer care.
- Contact Vizio Customer Care if you haven’t been able to resolve your problem.
What To Do If Vizio TV Not Turning On?
You should try these if Vizio Smart TV not turning on:
1. Check the Power Cords Of Vizio Smart TV
- If you have checked everything else, then it’s time to check the power cord.
- You may need to unplug the TV set and plug it back in again to make sure the power cord is working properly.
- If you still experience the same problem after doing this, try swapping out the power cord.
2. Power Off And Turn On the Vizio Smart TV
- The second thing we suggest trying is powering off your TV set completely and then turning it back on again.
- After doing this, if you are still experiencing the same issue, it might mean that your TV set is faulty.
- In case this doesn’t work, you should call the Vizio customer service number for further assistance.
3. Turn On HDMI Port
If you haven’t tried this yet, now would be the right time to do so.
- First, switch off your TV set and then press and hold the HDMI button until you hear the system booting up.
- Make sure that the TV is connected to the power outlet before you proceed any further.
4. Reset The Settings Of Vizio Smart TV
Another thing that you could try is resetting your TV set.
- To do this, firstly, turn off your TV set.
- Then, press and hold both the volume buttons (the ones near the top left corner) at the same time for about 10-15 seconds.
- Next, release the two buttons while holding down the power button for about 10-15 more seconds.
- Finally, let go of the power button and wait about 5 minutes.
- Once the TV sets have finished rebooting, you’ll be able to use them normally once again.
5. Unplug And Replug Power Cable
- In some cases, the above steps won’t help, and unplugging and replugging the power cable might fix the problem.
- If you’re using a USB connection, disconnect it and reconnect it.
- If you’re using an AC adapter, remove it and connect it back to the wall socket.
6. Try Different HDMI Cables
Sometimes, even though your TV seems to be receiving a signal, it cannot display anything on the screen.
- If this happens, try switching the HDMI ports and connecting your TV to different ports.
- Also, ensure that the connections between your TV, DVD player, Blu-ray drive, cable box, and game console are all secure.
7. Change The Input Channel
It is possible that the channels aren’t being received by your TV correctly.
- You must accomplish this by switching the TV’s input channel.
- Press the menu button located on the remote control when the TV is turned on.
- From here, select ‘input’ and scroll to the bottom where you will find the list of inputs.
- Select the input that you want to use and press OK.
What To Do If Vizio TV Won’t Restart After Update?
- If your Vizio still isn’t turning on, try unplugging your television for five minutes and plugging it back in again.
- If that does not work, try pressing the power button on the remote control until it turns off completely. Then wait at least 15-20 seconds before trying to turn it back on again.
- If none of these steps fix the problem, contact your service provider directly.
- Use an Antivirus program on your computer to scan for viruses, spyware, adware, etc. If any are detected, remove them using the appropriate software.
- Reboot the device. If the problem persists, contact Vizio Customer Care, where agents should be able to help you further.
- Try rebooting your device again.
If you want to get HBO Max on Smart TV then read this:
What To Do If You Forgot Vizio Pin Code?
If you want to know where to find the Vizio pin code then try these:
1. Call Customer Service
If you have forgotten your Vizio pin code, then the best thing to do is call customer service and ask them what steps they recommend taking to recover your pin code.
If you need help recovering your pin code, you will want to get a hold of someone who knows how to take care of these situations without making things worse. You’ll want to avoid calling a repair center since they may charge you a fee just to give you information about how to find your pin code.
2. Look Online
There are many ways to look online, including doing simple searches on Google and Bing. You can even use search engines to find information about your Vizio model number.
Once you find your model number, you can go onto Vizio’s website and enter it there. After entering your model number, you should be able to find your pin code right away.
2. Find Someone Who Knows About Vizio Smart TV’s Pin Codes
If you have tried searching online and you still aren’t finding anything, then you might want to try reaching out to someone who knows a lot about Vizio models.
Since Vizio makes televisions and appliances, you probably know someone who owns one of their products. Ask them if they could help you find your pin code. If not, then you can always contact a friend or family member who uses Vizio products.
3. Contact Your Local Store
You can also reach out to your local store if you don’t have any luck using the methods above. A store employee should be able to tell you where to find your pin code once you bring your device in. They will also be able to walk you through the process of resetting your device.
5. Reset Your Device
If none of the techniques mentioned above work for you, then you’ll want to consider resetting your device. When you reset your device, the factory settings will be restored and you won’t lose your data or have to worry about losing your pin code. To do this, follow these instructions.
- Turn off your television
- Remove the screws around the back of your television
- Press and hold down the power button until the screen goes black
- Unplug your television
How To Reset Vizio Smart TV Remote?
There is no secret that many consumers have had issues resetting their remote controls. We want to help you out if this happens to you! Here’s how to reset your Vizio TV remote control.
- Press and hold the power button for around 10 seconds until the blue screen appears.
- Once the blue screen appears, press Menu (the word)
- Scroll down until you reach Setup
- Hold the Select button while pressing and holding the arrow keys to navigate to System Settings
- Select Reset Factory Defaults
- Press OK to finish; allow approx 15-20 seconds before powering off and restarting the device
- If you’re still having trouble, please get in touch with Customer Service.
How to reboot Vizio smart TV is easy if you follow the above guide. There are several ways to fix common problems including restarting the TV, clearing the cache, and changing the Wi-Fi channel.
If you’re facing app installation issues, check if your phone lines are working. Reinstalling the programs could work if everything else fails. Rebooting a Vizio smart TV will clear its cache and cookies.