We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
How to connect PS4 to a hotel Wi-Fi is a common question asked by gamers. It is not easy because you have to go through procedures to get past the hotel sign-in. We will go through the process of getting your PS4 connected to hotel Wi-Fi as quickly as possible.
More and more passengers are traveling with their game consoles, which can cause issues for the front desk team. Setting up a PS4, Nintendo Switch, or Xbox on a new Wi-Fi network – a password-protected one – is never as simple as it appears. The PlayStation 4 is the most popular gaming system on the market.
We will also make some game suggestions for your gaming library, which visitors can borrow throughout their stay. Check out our website for more information on how to set up various consoles.
How to Connect PS4 to Hotel Wi-Fi that Requires Login?
If you checked in using a contactless method, you do not have the opportunity to inquire about connecting your device to the hotel in-room entertainment system and Wi-Fi. This article takes our visitors through the procedures of connecting their PS4 to the hotel Wi-Fi.
- On your PS4, go to Setting.
- To see all of your selections, scroll up on the d-pad from the PlayStation main menu screen. Settings are the second-to-last option on the right; select it.
- Select Network and then Test Internet Connection from the menu.
- After that, go to the network option and click on test internet connection after clicking on settings.
- You will see SSID (the name of the Wi-Fi network you are attempting to connect to) and many other data for evaluation.
- This entire process takes roughly 30 seconds. After you do this, the test will most likely say “failed” under an internet connection. Right now, this is a good thing; let’s move on to the next phase.
- Press X on details, then triangle on Playstation.com support if the connection test fails.
- Press the X button on details after the test fails, and you should be sent to a page that says “An error occurred,” with choices for Suggested Actions and “Ok” at the end of the page.
- You should now see “Press (triangle button) for PlayStation.com support” below that, to the left of the “X Enter” and “O Back” options. Now is the time to press the triangle button.
- Below that, to the left of the “X Enter” and “O Back” options, you should notice “Press (triangle button) for PlayStation.com support.” Press the triangle button.
- If the page security check is enabled, click yes.
- Your Ps4 will attempt to connect to PlayStation.com when you hit the triangle button in the last step, but it will instead be directed to the hotel’s Wi-Fi confirmation page.
- You will see a message “Not confirmed security of the page”. “Would you like to see the page?” Select yes. It should take you to the login page for the hotel.
- Fill out the required information on the hotel Wi-Fi login page.
- It is merely an illustration of a hotel login page; yours will be unique.
- You have arrived at your desired location! Enter the hotel password correctly, and you should be able to log in and use the Wi-Fi as you would any other device! This solution is simple to implement. In this step connect PS4 to Wi-Fi with username and password.
Keep in mind that depending on the hotel’s Wi-Fi, you might not have the best internet experience. These Wi-Fi signals are generally weak and slow, but they should be adequate for watching some streaming and performing most of the other tasks you like on your PlayStation 4.
How to Connect PS4 to Hotel TV?
- Wired Ethernet is a great way to connect your PS4 to the internet.
- Some hotels connect each room’s TV to an Ethernet network. Instruct your guests to locate the Ethernet cable in the back of the TV and connect their PS4 console to it.
- Using a Third-Party Hotspot, connect your PS4 to the hotel’s Wi-Fi.
If your guest is traveling with a smartphone or laptop, they may be able to connect through a third-party internet hotspot as a last resort. This approach requires guests to use a program called Connectify, which is a free virtual router that allows you to share your laptop’s Wi-Fi connection with other devices.
Once the guest’s laptop is linked to your property’s internet, instruct them to connect their PS4 using the following method:
- Connect the PS4 to the television.
- Turn on the PlayStation 4 console.
How to Connect PS4 to Hotel LAN Cable?
Follow the steps to connect your PS4 to your Connectify. You will need to have your SSID and password handy for this.
To connect, share your hotel internet from your computer to your PS4. Connect Nintendo Switch to the Wi-Fi network.
Attaching a Nintendo Switch is not easy as connecting a PS4. Try the following steps:
- Toggle the main menu to “Settings.”
- Select “Internet” from the left-hand menu under “Settings” and then “Internet settings.”
- The Switch will begin looking for a network to connect.
- The network of your hotel should show. Select the network and connect if it is open (i.e., not password-protected).
- If the network requires a password or registration to use it, select “Next.”
- The guest will be taken to a browser window where they can enter their login information.
- Once the guest sends the password, the Wi-Fi will connect.
Some Reddit users have reported experiencing difficulty connecting to the login page. Hotel connections, according to one front desk clerk, are simply slower. They came up with the idea of not putting the Switch to sleep and leaving it to try to connect: “After a while, the login window does pop-up, it works; it tries to connect for 15-20 minutes, but eventually the window closes.
If you checked in using a contactless method, you may not have had the opportunity to inquire about connecting your device to the hotel’s in-room entertainment system and Wi-Fi. Connecting a Nintendo Switch to Wi-Fi is a little tricky.
From this article, you have learned how to connect PS4 to Hotel Wi-Fi. Although it is a little complicated, it is not too difficult. Even from your hotel room, you may be set up for a gaming session in no time.
Of course, hotel Wi-Fi is relatively awful, so you might not always have a good connection, but it is always better than nothing.