We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
If you have a Vizio Smart TV and want to know how to connect phone to Vizio Smart TV. Vizio TVs are connected devices that allow you to access many apps and services from your phone or tablet. They come with built-in apps like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Nowadays, these new smart TVs also support other streaming services like Amazon Prime Video, HBO Go, Hulu Plus, Tubi TV, Fandor, and Pluto TV.
But connecting your smartphone to a Vizio set isn’t always easy. Vizio’s SmartCast app offers some great features, including voice search and remote control, and it also lets you stream video, listen to music, and check social media from any device.
With Vizio SmartCast, you can access everything from your smartphone, tablet, PC, and game consoles! Discover how to connect your iPhone or Android device to a Vizio television through the SmartCast app.
How to Connect Your Phone to Vizio Smart TV
Connecting your smartphone or tablet to your Vizio TV isn’t always straightforward. If you don’t follow the instructions carefully, it can result in a broken connection.
- First, download the latest version of Google Play Services from the Google Play Store.
- Then launch the app from your phone and tap ‘Settings’ at the top left corner.
- Select ‘Apps & games’.
- Next, go to Google Play Store, then click on ‘My Apps’.
- Find the name of the app you downloaded and select ‘Uninstall’ next to it.
- Finally, launch the app on your TV using the instructions provided in your remote control instruction manual.
The app should now show up in the list of apps that can be launched directly from the TV screen.
How To Pair iPhone To Vizio Smart TV?
To connect your iPhone or iPad to a Vizio smart TV:
- You need to first have a cable box connected to your television.
- Once that’s done, open the Settings app on your device and tap Display & Sound.
- Tap AirPlay at the top of the screen, then choose the name of your Vizio smart TV.
- On the next page, scroll down until you see Mirroring Devices and select Enable Mirroring.
- You’ll need to set up an Apple ID to use AirPlay.
- Sign in to iCloud using your email address or create a new account if you haven’t yet.
- When you’re finished setting up your Apple ID, sign out of iCloud and try mirroring again to make sure everything worked properly.
- If it didn’t, restart your device and try connecting again.
Connect iPhone to Vizio Smart TV With USB
If your Vizio smart TV isn’t connected to anything else, you should still be able to pair it with your iPhone or iPad.
- First, plug the USB receiver cord into your TV and turn it on.
- Then hold down the Menu button on your remote control until you see a small menu appear on-screen.
- Select Remote Control Setup and then Device Setup.
- Finally, follow the prompts to add the Vizio smart TV to your home network and pair it with your iOS device.
Connecting Vizio Smart TVs with Chromecast App
If you don’t already own a Vizio smart TV with built-in Google Cast functionality, you’ll want to purchase one. From there, you can enable Chromecast on any Vizio smart TV by going back to the Home screen on your device and tapping Cast. Scroll down to find the Chromecast icon and tap it to confirm the connection.
How to connect a phone to Vizio smart TV without Wi-Fi?
I have played around with my Vizio Smart TV connected to my smartphone via Bluetooth. I figured I’d share what worked and didn’t work for me in case anyone else was having issues.
- My Phone: iPhone XS Max
- Bluetooth Audio Adapter
- Vizio Smart TV
This setup works well. If you’re looking for a way to control your Apple HomePod using Siri, look elsewhere. You could probably use something like this if you wanted to control your Amazon Echo Show instead.
To pair a device with your TV, follow these steps:
Step 1 – Turn on your TV. Press the power button (not the volume) until you hear the startup sound.
Step 2 – Find the Bluetooth icon on the bottom right corner of your screen. Tap it once and then select the name of your device.
Step 3 – Pair your device with your TV by pressing the blue button on the back of your device.
You should now be able to control your TV using voice commands. If your TV doesn’t appear under the list of devices, refresh the page or restart Bluetooth.
Step 4 – Enjoy!
⭐️Note: There may be a delay between pairing and responding to voice commands. If the command takes longer than 10 seconds to respond to, try repeating the command.
How do I put my Vizio TV in pairing mode?
This method should work for any smart TV model (not just Vizio) but if you have a different smart TV make sure you check out the settings guide below to determine what steps are required.
- First, turn off your TV, open up the box and plug the power cable into the back of the TV while it is turned off.
- After doing so, press the button on the top right corner of the remote control for 2-3 seconds until you hear “Pairing Mode” then release the button.
- Now go ahead and wait for the TV to reboot itself.
- Once it’s done rebooting, press the start button located on the left side of the remote control again and hold down until you hear “On Screen Menu” before releasing the button.
- At this point, you’ll notice that the screen goes black for 10-15 seconds and then turns back on and displays the On-Screen menu.
- Pressing the left and right buttons now will bring you to the settings page in the Android app where you can select “Settings” to view advanced options.
- When you find the option called Settings, click on it and you should see something similar to the screenshot shown here.
- If not, try pressing the left arrow and right arrow keys on your remote to navigate to the section labeled “System”.
- Now scroll down to the bottom of that section and look for the word “Wi-Fi” near the end of the list of items under System.
- Click on it and it will highlight Wi-Fi and give you the option to choose between “Connected” and “Disconnected”.
- Choose Connected and it will connect to the TV automatically.
- You can confirm this by going back to your phone and checking your network connection status through the mobile app.
- If everything went well you should see green text indicating a successful connection.
- You can now close the app and enjoy your TV!
Connect Android Phone to VIZIO TV
The first step to connecting your smartphone to your Vizio TV is to download the free app called “Vizio Connect” from Google Play Store.
Once downloaded, open the app and log in using your Google account information.
You will then need to create a password for your Vizio account.
1. Download the App:
- Once logged in, tap the menu icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap the settings icon. Select “Apps & Games”.
- Scroll down until you find the “Download Apps” section.
- To add applications, click the “+” button.
- Search for “Vizio” and select the app.
- Tap the install button.
2. Install the App
- After installing the app, you will be prompted to sign in again.
- Enter your password and tap OK.
- After signing in, you should now have access to your Vizio TV.
3. Setup Wi-Fi Connection
To connect your phone to the Vizio TV via Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
- Open the app, then choose “Wi-Fi Settings.”
- Click the “Add New Network” button.
- Type in the name of the network (e.g., “Home”).
- Select the SSID (network name) of the network you want to use.
- If you are asked to enter a security code, type in the same code that was given to you when setting up your Vizio TV. If not, skip this step.
- Click the “Save Changes” button.
How to connect Vizio TV to Wi-Fi?
- Go to the TV’s settings menu.
- Select “Settings”.
- Select “Wireless & networks”.
- Select “Wi-Fi Settings”.
- Connect the device to the closest wireless network. You’ll need to know its name (SSID) and password.
- Press OK to save these settings.
- Now go back to the Home screen (where you start using the TV).
- If necessary, press Menu on the remote control and select “Connect to Wi-Fi network.”
- Enter the wireless network’s information.
- Click “OK” to confirm.
- Your device should now automatically connect to the network upon powering on.
- Wait until the connection is established, then enjoy streaming videos.
- Disconnect if you need to.
VIZIO SmartCast App for Android
The VIZIO SmartCast app is an application that helps you control your TV using your smartphone. The VIZIO SmartCast app allows you to stream thousands of movies and TV shows from Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, HBO GO, Vudu, Crackle, and others right to your television.
You can use your phone while watching TV and even interact with the TV – simply touch your smartphone screen and the remote start responding.
Watch high-definition content on your phone, tablet, laptop, PC, Mac, Roku player, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, or any device with a screen connected to your home network.
All you need is a Wi-Fi connection and the SmartCast app installed on your mobile device. No additional hardware or equipment is necessary.
Features of Vizio SmartCast App:
- Access to Live TV with thousands of live channels
- Watch TV show full episodes or watch shows on demand
- Watch movies and shows online
- Personalize your experience
- Search across all apps and content
- Customizable home menu
- Watch videos and play music from Netflix and Spotify
- Add your favorite shows to your “Watchlist”
- Enjoy great picture quality
How to Connect phone to Vizio Smart TV is simple if the phone/tablet supports wireless display pairing. Vizio TVs come preloaded with Google Cast functionality. You can pair a Vizio TV with an iPhone or Android phone without connecting them over Wi-Fi. You will need to buy a special cable box if you want wireless connectivity.