We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
The new 1.61 Cyberpunk 2077 update introduces AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1, significantly influencing the game’s graphics, especially on consoles that rely on upscaling to attain higher resolutions.
Even though it initially appears to be a minor bugfix patch, the most recent update to Cyberpunk 2077 is yet another essential development possible by the new technology.
Over 50 repairs and enhancements are in Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.61 for the CD Projekt Red science fiction RPG. You can fix cross-save, framerate, unlimited money glitches, and other things.
This blog post will go through the updates for Cyberpunk 2077:
What’s New In Cyberpunk 2077 Update?
By looking at its update, Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.61 might appear like just another tiny patch. However, the addition of AMD’s FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1 upscaling technology is a significant improvement for the game.
AMD FSR 2.1 will replace the prior periodic antialiasing technique on more recent consoles, improving visual quality while maintaining performance. The comparative video from Digital Foundry demonstrates how finer materials, like hair and grass, seem cleaner, and features in motion are significantly more apparent.
Although there are still some issues with upscaling, such as some ghosting from moving objects and imperfect clarity when moving, they are still considered to be outweighed by the visual gain over TAA.
AMD’s FSR upscaling and Nvidia’s Deep Learning Super Sampling compete to automatically upscale pictures to greater resolutions using AI.
With the introduction of 2K, 4K, and even 8K televisions needing more processing power, this technology has changed the game by enabling cheaper hardware combinations like consoles and lower-end PCs to attain graphics and framerates that would typically be out of reach. While upscaling to 4K cannot ultimately compete with native 4K rendering, the substantial speed boost that FSR and DLSS can provide is typically worth considering.
Remarkably, CD Projekt Red releases significant upgrades like these for Cyberpunk 2077 over two years after the game’s debut. On top of the thousands of adjustments, release 1.61 also includes the typical list of bug fixes and modifications in addition to AMD FSR.
Cyberpunk 2077 Next Gen Update
Cyberpunk 2077 next-gen update includes the following:
- Ray-traced local light shadows.
- Native achievement support on next-generation consoles. Utilizing the Smart Delivery function, Xbox accomplishments will instantly display on the latest version. It should be noted that PlayStation trophies won through backward compatibility will not be shared because the next-gen version has a different SKU.
- Introduced two visual options for the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5:
- Performance Mode: Dynamic 4K scaling ensures smooth gaming at 60 frames per second.
- Ray Tracing Mode: Offers dynamic 4K scaling, realistic shadow rendering, and gaming at 30 frames per second.
- The Xbox Series S version lacks a graphics mode options menu and, by default, displays content at a frame rate of 30 frames per second with a resolution of 1440 pixels.
- HDR is equal on all systems.
- Performance enhancements reduce the amount of FPS dips and enhance rendering quality.
- Several enhancements to the visual quality.
- Added PS5 Activity Cards.
- The Tempest 3D AudioTech solution for PlayStation 5 has been used to implement support for spatial audio for 3D-audio-enabled headphones and built-in TV speakers.
- Added support for Spanish voiceover in the Americas’ PlayStation. It is only accessible on next-generation consoles due to technical limitations.
Cyberpunk 2077 updates include AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1, which substantially impacts the game’s visuals, particularly for consoles that rely on upscaling to achieve higher resolutions.